Thursday, October 29, 2009

Things I Have Learned My First Year Teaching

When I got hired at my school, I got to pick the grade level I wanted to teach. I thought picking third was totally safe! I was oh so wrong...

The school year is a fourth of that way done and this is what I have to show for it:

-Third graders still poo and pee their pants
-Third graders still eat their boogers
-Single dads of your students WILL ask you out!
-I can in fact yell quite loud
-Never leave your lunch in the faculty room fridge, it will be eaten by someone else (I still don't know who ate it!)
-Third graders will touch and play with your feet

I am sure that there is still much more for me to experience. And yes, I will start to wear a fake ring in front of all the single fathers of my students so I can avoid being on the ten-o-clock news.

No comments: